The Clever Dripper successfully combines the good things about a full-immersion brewing device like the French Press with the cleaner profile of paper filter brewing. The Clever is aptly named – a stop-plug at the bottom of the dripper allows you to control the duration of steeping time. It remains sealed until the dripper is placed atop a mug or server, which releases the plug and decants the brew directly into your drinking vessel.
- “Large” version Clever Dripper
- BPA free plastic
- Hand wash
- Uses #4 flat bottom V-shaped filters
- Includes lid for temperature stability during brew and coaster.
The Clever Coffee Dripper differs from other "pour over" methods, or percolators, in that you can control the intensity of the brew by dispensing it when ready by simply placing it over a coffee cup. All you need is a coffee cup, a #4 flat bottom V-shaped filter paper and some freshly ground coffee.
1. Set the paper filter inside and rinse with boiling water.
2. Add 2 scoops (35 grams) of ground coffee and 350ml boiling water to begin brewing process. Let brew for 30 seconds.
3. Using a spoon, gently submerge any grounds which are still floating. Let it steep for another 3 minutes. Be sure to use a timer!
4. Sit the Clever Coffee Dripper on a glass or cup and your brew is complete!