WE ARE OPEN!
On 1st April, the government announced amendments to the essential business plan allowing the online sale of essential non-food consumer products, provided they do so in a way that protects the public and minimises the risk of COVID-19 spreading.
But First Coffee has registered with MBIE to sell essential non-food consumer products and will follow the criteria put in place. We are required to:
- Only take orders via our online store or phone.
- Orders must be for only essential non-food consumer products. We will only be shipping purchases of coffee making equipment, filter papers, cleaning products and replacement parts. Reusable cups and novelty items will be not be shipped until after the lockdown. Please contact us for clarification.
- Orders will be fulfilled taking appropriate public measures (e.g. physical distancing, hygiene basics, appropriate personal protective equipment for staff). Deliveries will be contactless made by a third party courier.
- We have registered with, and been approved by MBIE to sell essential non-food consumer products during the Level 4 Alert.
For more information on these requirements from MBIE, click here.
Our courier company are continuing to operate, providing a contactless delivery service. They have advised however to expect significant delays due to increased freight volumes and reduced staffing.
Service updates for our courier company, Castle Parcel are available here.
How do contactless deliveries work? More information here.
We are regularly monitoring the advice from the Ministry of Health and NZ Government concerning COVID-19.
For official government updates on COVID-19 click here.
TIPS FOR FAST, HASSLE-FREE DELIVERY:
- Provide your phone number so we or the courier can contact you easily.
- Provide authority for the courier to leave your parcel in a safe spot to prevent card-to-calls. (Instructions can be provided in the notes field.)
- Our courier is unable to deliver to PO Boxes.
HOW LONG UNTIL ITS DELIVERED? **
We endeavour to ship daily, Monday - Friday with orders shipped the following business day. Our courier company delivers every day excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
Indicative delivery timeframes:
- Major centres: 1-2 business days.
- South Island and towns: 2-3 business days.
- Residential addresses can take an additional business day.
- Rural delivery add a further 2-3 business days.
** The above timeframes do not take into account delays caused by COVID-19 including increased freight volumes or reduced staffing. Our courier has advised that we are to expect longer than normal shipping timeframes.
STANDARD SHIPPING TERMS & CONDITIONS:
All of our parcels are trackable and you will receive (check your spam folder) an automated email with a tracking number once the package is ready for distribution from our warehouse. We recommend keeping an eye on this tracking and contacting the courier company in the event of any delays.
But First Coffee will endeavour to assist in resolving any issues in the event that there is a hiccup. But First Coffee cannot be held responsible for issues outside of its control such as delays in delivery (we are unable to guarantee delivery by a set date), damage during freight or incorrect addresses. But First Coffee uses a third party courier company to ship and deliver orders on behalf of our customers. Additional costs incurred due to incorrect addresses, redirections or addresses lacking information will be on charged to the customer.
Damages and loss:
In the rear event that a parcel is lost or damaged, But First Coffee will work with the 3rd party Courier company and customer to resolve. Resolutions include but are not limited to replacement, repair or refund at But First Coffee's discretion. But First Coffee cannot take responsibility for damage or loss due to actions of the customer such as providing an incorrect address, authority to leave or other actions outside of But First Coffee's control.
Click here for our Returns and Refund Policy.
We currently offer shipping to Australia for a flat rate of $15 NZD. If you are from another country we would be happy to prepare a quote for shipping to your country. Please contact us for a quote.
Feel free to contact us or flick us a message through messenger (chat box bottom right).